Flu Clinic Schedule 2019-2020
The following is the schedule of clinics that have been set up for this flu season.
as of 08/20/2019
|Wednesday||09/18/19||6:00 to 7:45 PM||Open – Call for Appointment|
|Thursday||10/03/19||6:00 to 7:45 PM||Open – Call for Appointment|
|Wednesday||10/23/19||6:00 to 7:45 PM||Open – Call for Appointment|
|Wednesday Afternoons||09/11/19 through 12/18/19||3:30 to 4:15 PM||Open – Call for Appointment|
|Thursday Afternoons||9/12/19 through 12/19/19||3:30 to 5:15 PM||Open – Call for Appointment|
|Excludes Thanksgiving (11/28/19) and
Christmas Day (12/25/19)
Other clinics may be added as needed. Continue to check this page for updates.
Influenza Information 2019-2020
Please read the following information carefully and save for future reference.
as of 08/20/2019
Influenza (flu) is a viral illness that causes a significant fever, chills, cough, and muscle aches. It can last as long as a week. More serious complications are possible. It appears every winter, some years worse than others.
The flu vaccine can prevent influenza, or at least lesson it’s severity. It contains strains of influenza which are most likely to occur this winter. It does not prevent against all types of flu or other illnesses that resemble flu.
This year we will have two types of vaccines:
- All flu shots this year are thimerosal-free for children, as well as adult doses.
- FluMist nasal vaccine will be offered this year; however, quantities are extremely limited and availability cannot be guaranteed.
It is recommended that all persons over 6 months of age should receive a flu vaccine. Those under age 9 years, who have not received at least 2 flu vaccines in the past, will need 2 vaccines scheduled 4 weeks apart. Everyone else just needs one.
There are two ways your child can receive a vaccine:
- It can be given during a regularly scheduled office visit, but not as a “vaccine only” visit. If siblings are present, we will also give them theirs, as long as you inform us ahead of time.
- It can be given at one of our flu clinics. See schedule above.
Flu Clinic Guidelines
- All flu clinics are by appointment only. Walks-ins cannot be accommodated.
- We will not perform any other services during these clinics. These are only for the administration of vaccines.
- Since some children need two vaccines, please schedule accordingly and take into consideration any pre-scheduled office visits.
- Despite large numbers, our clinics run smoothly with minimal waiting. Please come at your appointed times.
- Since it is crowded, please keep your children under control at all times.
As in previous years, parents may receive a flu vaccine at the time of their child/children’s scheduled health supervision exam and/or acute appointments. Our front office staff will inquire about this at your check-in. Parents may also receive a flu vaccine at our clinics. All parent flu vaccines must be paid at the time of service. The cost is $35.
For our patients, we submit charges to their insurance, and only bill for any copay or coinsurance that may be required.