INFLUENZA AND FLU CLINIC INFORMATION 2021-2022
We will be continuing how our flu clinics run this year in order to remain as “contactless” as possible:
- We WILL NOT be processing any paperwork or payments in the office.
- ALL forms for patients and parents must be downloaded using links below, completed, and brought with you to your appointment.
- Clinics will be by appointment only.
- Walks-ins cannot be accommodated this year.
Vaccine Information Sheets (VIS) – For information purposes only.
Consent Forms – These forms are fillable – with document open, complete required fields, and print
- Patient Consent Form – One form to be completed for each child who will be coming to the flu clinic. Please complete all required fields.
- Adult Consent Form – One form to be completed for each parent/adult who will be coming to flu clinic. Please complete all required fields.
Parents will be required to provide credit card payment information at the time of scheduling since these are not billed to insurance. The credit card will not be charged until the time of the appointment.
Flu Clinic Guidelines
- All flu clinics are by appointment only. Walks-ins cannot be accommodated.
- We will not perform any other services during these clinics. These are only for the administration of vaccines.
- Since some children need two vaccines, please schedule accordingly and take into consideration any pre-scheduled office visits.
- Despite large numbers, our clinics run smoothly with minimal waiting. In order to ensure social distancing, please come at your appointed times.
- In order to maintain safety during the COVID-19 pandemic:
- We will be requiring masks.
- We will be having fewer patients per clinic in order to maintain social distancing.
- We will ask parents to complete and print permission forms ahead of time and bring them to your appointment.
2021 Flu Clinic Schedule – Effective 08/30/2021
|Wednesday||09/08/2021||Clinics Start at 6:00 PM – by Appointment only||COMPLETED|
|Wednesday||09/15/2021||Clinics Start at 6:00 PM – by Appointment only||COMPLETED|
|Wednesday||09/22/2021||Clinics Start at 6:00 PM – by Appointment only||COMPLETED|
|Wednesday||10/06/2021||Clinics Start at 6:00 PM – by Appointment only||Open|
|Wednesday||10/20/2021||Clinics Start at 6:00 PM – by Appointment only||Open|
|Wednesday||11/03/2021||Clinics Start at 6:00 PM – by Appointment only||Open|
Influenza Information 2021-2022 – Effective 08/30/2021
Please read the following information carefully and save for future reference.
Influenza (flu) is a viral illness that causes a significant fever, chills, cough, and muscle aches. It can last as long as a week. More serious complications are possible. It appears every winter, some years worse than others.
The flu vaccine can prevent influenza, or at least lessen its severity. It contains strains of influenza which are most likely to occur this winter. It does not prevent against all types of flu or other illnesses that resemble flu.
This year we will only be offering the injectable vaccine.
It is recommended that all persons over 6 months of age should receive a flu vaccine. Those under age 9, who have not received at least two flu vaccines in the past, will need two vaccines scheduled four weeks apart. Everyone else just needs one.
There are two ways your child can receive a vaccine:
- It can be given during a regularly scheduled office visit, but not as a “vaccine only” visit. If siblings are present, we will also give them theirs, as long as you inform us ahead of time.
- It can be given at one of our flu clinics. Appointments in advance are required. See schedule above.
As in previous years, parents may receive a flu vaccine at the time of their child/children’s scheduled health supervision exam and/or acute appointments. Our front office staff will inquire about this at your check-in.
Parents may also receive a flu vaccine at our clinics; however, these must be scheduled in advance. Credit card information will be required at the time of scheduling and will be processed at the time of service. The cost for parent vaccines is $35.
For our patients, we submit charges to their insurance and only bill for any copay or coinsurance that may be required.